View Single Post
Old 16-07-2011, 09:21 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

easytiger at standard level

Meaty Update

Out with you

Towed it to stechnic yesterday. Engine is already out and Bunky heart transplant finally underway.
Damien fixed the head issue by replacing a few shims to the proper size and correcting some of southside's work
Will reuse v3 sti manifold & alternator. Might remove aircon crap at this stage, unsure.

New 207 is assembled with timing/cam gear covers etc. Had to get a braided oil drain hose from kando to suit the new setup

I need to get all the flakey red paint of the manifold and paint it up & give it back.

Other than that the late model 3 wire coilpacks are being installed & we're considering the best way to hook up the oil catch can. TPS orientation needs work & charcoal cannister moved.

Then kando twinscroll dump pipe front section to be welded onto a different dump pipe i sourced for this purpose

Noticed a few s/s cooler pipes were never rolled/lipped which was fine @ 12psi but at 2bar will probably be a different story. Need to look into that. Will try and make them black if i have time

Check health of radiator etc, chuck on silicone hose set and then off to ASG for tunage

Still unsure how much power it will make, dont think it will be too crazy but should hopefully have a nice useable rev range

Ill take some pics next time but right now im just happy its finally happening
Mark

Last edited by easytiger; 01-09-2011 at 12:41 PM.