View Single Post
Old 19-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

It's irrelevant if you have expired leases on the property...as long as you are still the tenant you are responsible for paying the bill. It's a real dog act throwing all these on you at once & they should be alot more understanding not just throwing breaches around.

One thing you should be checking with REIWA or DOCEP is whether an Agent can take a regular amount (say 2 weeks rent each fortnight transferred) & apply it to anything other than rent. Pretty sure they can't but our Trust Accountant handled that so I'm not 100% sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
What would have happened if I had moved out in Feb then?
What would they be doing about their accounting fail in that case?
If your bond was released to you then too bad for them, tenancy over & they have no grounds at all to go back to you. If the bills were on the system prior to the bond being released (and you just didn't know about them) then it would have to be paid or come out of the bond. However I suspect the following.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
If I had been behind/in breech for 3 consecutive leases why was I only notified of a so called breech 3 years after the fact?
More likely the agent or owner has just noticed they haven't been paid for (or entered) those bills, whether the agent failed to send the notice or the owner didn't provide a copy to the agent. Harse as it is, you are still responsible for it.

I'd suggest asking for the original letters regarding the bills to see.