View Single Post
Old 19-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letchy View Post
I'm not sure if this was a malfunction or not, but not long ago at the intersection of Hepburn and Marmion (On Hepburn driving West) the car next to me was speeding and was flashed roughly 40 metres after the intersection. I looked in my mirrors and we were the only cars that went through the intersection. That would mean that they flash you for speeding after the intersections also?

So he was flashed AFTER he passed through the intersection?

As I understand those lights in particular, they have touch pads/sensors at the entrance to the intersection, look for white/grey lines in the road and those are the sensors the lights run on, and are activated ONLY if the lights are red. When on amber, it is safe to pass through the intersection at the 70km/h speed limit without getting flashed, because you have passed over the sensor when it was on Amber and have not set it off, it is likely that someone had possibly tripped the sensor by going too far forward on the other side when that guy got flashed?

I am not sure on the speeding side, as I always make a not to go through the lights at 70k/h! or stop if it goes amber and not try get through speeding.

Maybe someone can elaborate?

I would be curious to know as well

Brett