View Single Post
Old 23-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Scoobie Noobie

wraithrslib at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsv4rce View Post
Welcome wayne. Nice build, good luck with it all
Thnx mate here's an updat on my build

Getting excited a little now! here's what stage the RS block is up to now, it's been bored out and will be ready next week for the next stage, i was surprised to find out that the block has oil squirter's my engine builder said better to have them for extra cooling under the crowns.

Here's some picks i took today my builder was very pleased with the result f@#!%ked if i know whats good or not lol.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this last pic shows how well the top of the sleeves fit the deck.

Here's the turbo iv'e chosen based on price & added feature over it's rivals such as bbk's, gt pumps, kando ect..ect.. which is a new ceramic ball bearing core & the fact that Kyp at ATP is just 20 min from me and is happy to help with upgrades if the initial results are not good, as sometimes it can take a bit of rnd to get what is needed.

He is also a qualified aircraft turbine mechanic so i trust he knows his stuff and has been doing the turbo thing for more than 20 years.

For just under 2k this sti gold for a stock location stands out over others for me, i was looking at the garret as well although there's no GTX available in stock location.

Besides kyp told me he is able to fit a garret full ball bearing core to this turbo so it's just another option which is good to know, and going by the specs on the sti gold for mostly street use it will be a ball tearer
were i need it.

Specs excerpt from his add.

Comes with the 080 T/Hsg Std Bolt Pattern
MHI TD06 Style Comp Cover 3"or 2.75" Intake
TD06SL2 Style 11 Blade Turbine Wheel 8cm

22G MFS Comp Wheel (Machined From Solid) Billet
Special Design Brg Hsg Using Ceramic Ball Bearings
Also comes with 1.2bar Actuator as standard option

cheers wayne