View Single Post
Old 26-07-2011, 08:19 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

The comment of 'people who need weed to enjoy life need help' is rather invalid for this argument. Most stoners don't need weed and it's not even addictive. However they do enjoy a fat cone just like most of us like a cold beer.

Society's dregs are always going to look for something to make their life worthwhile, be it weed, grog, crack, sniffing petrol. I'd much prefer to see them be able to grow their own weed and sit around high all day than need to steal cars, break into houses, rob grandmas to get the cash needed to support the alternatives.

For the average joe having a toke on the weekends, it's just another oppurtunity to have their life ruined with a criminal record. Why do we need to clog up the jail / court police systems for something that just isn't an issue.

What I find even weirder, is why bother here in W.A? I grew up in the eastern states and pretty much everyone smoked weed. If you went to a party, there would usually be people gathered around a bong in the main room. Any new friends you met, you wouldn't even have to ask if they smoked. Just chop up a brew and hand it over.

Since I've moved to W.A. I've only met a handful of people who smoke it and even then it's so scarce they struggle to get any. With a large majority of west Australians under going random drug tests, even the occasional 'once a year' smokers barely exist.