View Single Post
Old 27-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Simon, what are you plans for a replacement motor when this pops ?
Hi Neil,

The motor does have just under 150K on it and I do know it will not be too long, before it gives in one form or another. Saying that it has only been modified in the last 12 months (I am referring to taking the VF35 turbo to 25lb with an exhaust and Verso here) and I have only put 6k on it since I purchased it. It still feels strong & I do not drive thrash the crap out of my call all the time.

I am hoping it will last at-least 6 months, while I get this stroker motor built. If it doesn't it doesn't. I have already written the STI motor off in my head and am expecting it not to last. I know I did this the wrong way round, in terms of I should have built the motor first then worked from there. But to be honest, I was kidding myself, that this build was going to stop at a bolt on turbo (generally speaking) and ECU. Saying that the turbo and ECU can be used in the next build, so I have not wasted money on them.

I have got a closed deck block I will be picking up on Friday. I will be building a 2.2 bottom end with this. I have priced up the majority of parts required and am ready to buy them (maybe you could give me some guidance on what I am intending to buy?). I will grab some cams from the states also and just freshen up my heads from the STI with a little bit of a port n polish. I also have a set of WRX heads if i need them from the same closed deck motor.

Hope you are well mate

Thanks again for the purge solenoid

Simon.