Thread: ECU Info
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Sir AntiLag

Guyph_01 at standard level

Cool, thx for the info. Well this is going to be my first turbo engine and i don't really want to go with cams, mods $1000 turbo's, 1.6 bars of boost, Power FC, etc and all this really great but expensive gear.

What i really wanted is just above normal, maybe a slightly bigger turbo, better ECU like if possible a plug and play STI one. I definitely don't want to blow the engine.

FMIC basically because i also don't think a top mount will fit under the bonnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughStilin View Post

2. Catless up-pipe, or smash the cat (honeycomb material) out of yours. If you have a cat in it, I think you will have.

4. Full TBE, should be able to do it for under $800 new, or search for second hand options.

5. CAI, goes without saying really

6. Boost controller. This is a must for low end pull, with any turbo you choose.

8. Higher rating (opening pressure) waste gate actuator. HKS have a 1 bar one that would suit you I think.
Could you explain to me what is a TBE and CAI?

Without going with all the good mods you suggested and staying pretty much stock, is a boost controller and a higher rating waste gate actuator necessary?

Would a cat less 3inch dump pipe be a good idea for me?

Last edited by Guyph_01; 31-07-2011 at 01:38 PM.