View Single Post
Old 31-07-2011, 03:01 PM
STI Master

TheDoctor at standard level
Default New Perth WRX Owner

Hey guys,

I've been on the Impreza WRX club forum for a while now so I thought I should get involved in the Perth WRX forums too.

Almost three months ago I purchased a 1999 WRX. It's my first WRX but not my first Subaru.
I've wanted a rex since I was about 14 years old and now that I have one I'm not disappointed.

I moved to WA from NZ, with my girlfriend, almost two years ago. When we got here we got a little Honda Integra as a run around until we could afford something bigger and better.

Back in NZ I had a 1991 MR2 GT.
Before that I had a 1989 Legacy (Liberty) Sedan (boring 1.8l FF model)
And a couple of other wee bombs before that.

I used to get a bit of track time in in my MR2 and I'm hoping to eventually get the rex out on the track too.

The rex definitely has more power than the MR2 and I'm interested to see how the 4WD goes on track
compared to the RWD.

I'm very pleased with the WRX. It was stock standard when I bought it. And it still pretty much is.

All I've done so far is de-badge the boot and remove the block off plate under the driver's side bonnet vent.

Next I'll be giving it a resonatorectomy.

I'm planning on doing a few mods but as my girlfriend and I are also saving to buy a house it'll be a long slow process.

Oh yeah I thought I should add a couple of photos too.

Heres my new WRX:

And here are a couple of my old MR2:

Cheers,
Scott.