Thread: ECU Info
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Sir AntiLag

Guyph_01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughStilin View Post
Well if you want to keep things, just above normal, get a upgraded waste gate actuator and up the boost pressure a little on the turbo you have for now. You can do the same thing with a boost controller also, but a actuator should be cheaper than a boost controller.
Cool thx, What actuator would i need? one off what turbo?

Quote:
Catless 3" dump and a 3" exhaust would be good. You might be able to get away with a 2.5" from the dump back. If this is for a Vortex, I am guessing you will have to get the exhaust fabricated, as I doubt there will be many places offering off the shelf systems, ready for install.
Yep it will have to be custom made, more $$ here

Quote:
Do you have a inter cooler on it now? The water to air cooler would be an ok option. Better than getting a FMIC anyway. Especially if you are going to be keeping it close to standard.
I've got a complete WTAIC but its missing the water pump. I also have two top mounts but pretty std ones. not even sure what they are off?

Quote:
Keep your finger on the pulse and check here, rexnet, ebay and the likes, and I am sure you will find a ECU fairly soon. You could even put up a wanted thread for what you want, you never know what people have sitting in their sheds collecting dust.
Thats what i started to do So to clarify, I need a V5 or V6 Sti ECU?
Oh my loom has 3 plugs, does that still match the V5/6?

Quote:
One thing that I forgot to mention. You may want to be upgrading your fuel pump. A Walbro 255, Bosch 044 or something like that, which will fit to your application. If you are going to be modifying your car, this is just a small fee to pay, to ensure you don't lean out the motor, should the pump you have now fail at any point.

Hope this info is of some use.
Yes i figured that i would have to at least buy a walbro,
Thx so much for the info