View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

jungleboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughStilin View Post
Hey bud, to be honest I do not really understand your question. Although I do not have a MAF anymore, and only run the rear O2 sensor, just behind the CAT.

So closed loop and only the rear narrow band?

Hope this is right.
Yep it sounds like your using the rear narrow band sensor for closed loop fuelling.

If you are interested in getting better fuel economy it might be worth investigating moving the sensor upstream of the cat, as AFR are usually leaner after the cat than before. What this means is that the sensor sees an AFR of 14.7 after the cat when cruising, but before the cat it might be 13-14, which means you are running rich and wasting fuel.

I've seen this on my car with an AFR reading 12 at the exhaust tip after the cat on ASGs dyno, but my wideband at the outlet of the turbo before the cat consistently read a flat 11, even after being re-calibrated a few times.

Also the stock ECU uses the front oxygen sensor in the headers before the cat to control fuelling in closed loop and the rear oxygen sensor is only used to check the efficiency of the cat and will bring up a CEL if something is not right, or if it has been removed.

But if you are happy with it I wouldn't worry yourself too much about it. Just enjoy driving the car.