View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Sorry to say this...

CAI is a waste of money. Snorkus delete, cold air intakes etc are all for noise. I'm not a fan of CAI's that go down in the guards as you have a big chance of sucking in water if you go through a puddle.

Turbo timer is a waste of money and fuel. Turbo does not need it, just don't thrash the car and turn it off straight away. (It's ok to leave on now that you have it, but not needed for the stock turbos. Also check with your insurer about it.).

BOV is a waste of money, fuel and these days is just a cop magnet (and given how the 2.5L's seem to pop according to a few members on here, you should really get a tune for it).

For me, I'd get an exhaust and a tune done, drop it ~25mm (not the super low springs that are 50mm lower if you want to have your shocks last more than a year), front and rear sway bar, pro alignment and maybe a roll center kit if your aligner thinks it is necessary.

Bam - fast, fun car.

Next best modification is to book into the RAC for some driver training skid pan days (some are advertised on here). Learn to push the car in a safe environment with instructors available to show you how to improve your driving.