Thread: My RA Build
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
STI Master

Riggs at standard level

Some info on the cooler, its hard to find actual data but this is what i know:

(UK based) Pace and TSL Motorsport developed charge cooler, water to air and air to air (Dual core TMIC). The water pump was sourced from a company over here but no idea which one.

Retailed for around Aus $4K new. The one I have is off the TSL demo car, never fitted to a car here. Very rare kit, I think there may be one fitted to a car over east but afaik this is the only one in WA. The kit is a direct bolt on for GD WRX/STI. Only thing I would recomend would be to get a splitter plate made to get a good seal for the airflow from the scoop.

Build quality is exceptional. TSL tested them to 25psi and they are capable of supporting 400hp (TSL have rated them to 440).

Quoted from an owner in UK:
Quote:
I can't churn out tech data for you on before intercooler/after intercooler temps vs. load vs. boost vs ambient temp etc etc. However I can say that using my PSI3 which reports intake temp the car typically saw between 4-15 deg C above outside temp in late spring weather on regular driving (blasts and normal tootling around). After the new kit on the drive home on a hot day last week (temp 27 deg C) the PSI3 quoted 27 and at one point 26. As well as that, following a post fitting 'spirited run' with Graham driving, we got back, popped the bonnet to a crackling toast cooking engine. You couldn't touch the engine as it was so hot yet the intercooler (still in the usual position) was cold to the touch.