View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Hey guys, I managed to get around to changing out the guard liners and give the inner arches a bit of a spray, to freshen them up.

So I got the guard liners and clips from Subaru. The rubberised paint from Super Cheap Auto. The making tape, wax & grease remover etc, is what I had left over from painting my rims.

Started by removing the old liner. It was easier than I thought. Just undid the plastic screw caps, popped them out and it came out in one piece.

Then I masked up areas not wanting to be painted.

Gave the inner well area to be painted, a good clean and then wipe over with wax and grease remover.

Sprayed on the rubber paint. Only to the areas already painted.

Put on the new guard liner. This had to be jiggled back and forth a little to line up the holes. But went straight in pretty much.

Pretty straight forward & simple really. As I said before I thought it would have been a little more difficult, but had both sides done in about a hour. This was giving the paint 20 min to dry in this time.

Pics of before the paint and installing the new guard liners. You can see where the old liner has cracked at the bottom.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Pics of the the rubber paint applied and the new guard liner in.

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

Looks pretty good I think. Ready for the freshly painted wheels tomorrow

Simon.