View Single Post
Old 18-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

That’s pretty much it. To be honest I have never done any major spray painting like this before and it turned out really well, much better than I had initially anticipated. There are other ways to go about it, which I am sure you will find in numerous DIY’s on other forums online. I have read many and also read a lot about painting and optimum temperatures to spray at etc. This is why I got the heater light, plus I had seen something like it used on TV. All my directions are what I did; I am not saying this to be right in any way, to be fair I did not even follow the instructions on the spray cans properly. Make your own judgment on what I have done above & make the changes you feel the need to, for your own wheel painting project.

The main reason I posted this up was to show people how easy it can be to transform the look of your car, for quite a low cost. It was great fun, I have learnt something & I think it was under $240, which would be less obviously if you just sprayed the outside of the wheel only. Time is the major factor here. Take your time and don’t rush, ensure the wheels are as clean as you can get them, before you start. If you don’t have the weekend without your car, don’t even commit to starting this. I believe the results show from me being patient and taking my time.

Again I am not saying that this is the way to do it, I’m just sharing my experiences with the PWRX community. If anyone has any questions, or can recommend a better way to do a part of the process, or the whole thing, then post it up and I am happy to change things around, to make it better should anyone decide to use it as a guide to do their own wheels.

Simon.

Last edited by RoughStilin; 18-08-2011 at 06:21 PM.