View Single Post
Old 19-08-2011, 08:54 AM
STI Master

monkeee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
You seem to have bought just about the entire whiteline catalog shane. If i were you, stop thpone mods and start driving the car more. From what i can see the setup youve got should make it an absolute weapon.
Too me changing alot of those small things ie transmissiob mounts etc are alot of 1% things that would only count if your aiming for top ten positions at twilight speed series etc.

Start to drive it in the youve set the car up to & use the cash on ebtering stuff & replacing bits when you need new ones.
That sounds good to me (read: smart), never really took into account consumables + replacement parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvk7 View Post
Diff's? Plenty of options for aftermarket LSD's, front and rear.
Even run DCCD from a JDM 5speed
Never thought of this. Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxar View Post
imo keep going with those mods going then put some more seat time
Power is nothing if your car handles likes shit - I have mates with 350hp+ cars with stock suspension which handles like a dog, my lifted sierra does better.

If you haven't done yet get a 3" TBE, panel filter with stock air box, verso tune with lots of boost and get used to it first. Go from there and see what you want next.
then probably a STI top mount, STI injector and maybe VF34.
Thanks Rexxar,

Car has a 3" TBE (butler) and ecutek by mms, made 153kw/400Nm which is more than I can control consistently when the car loses grip in the dry (i.e. I fail at controlling slides down @ RAC).

As tempting as a VF34 + STI TMIC + re-tune sounds, right now, the car's ability far exceeds my own (that doesn't mean no...just not right now )

Seems like more seat time it is then.

I would like to enter the MC motorsport time attack challenge (I think its called that?) just to see where I stand, will give that a go next time round as I think it's done for this year.

Thanks you guys, much appreciated
-Shane.