View Single Post
Old 22-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Allan View Post
Agreed, following a young copper in a highway patrol car down the freeway, I was keeping up with him in the far left lane...he was going faster than me in the right lane, looked at speedo...125km/h... :/ above the law it seems.

I am surprised they don't have monitoring equipment in police cars....
Quote:
Revenue Raising Fuckheads!

Done on Marmion doing 25km/h over, as I was overtaking some little old lady sitting in the right lane doing 60km/h.

Frustration led me to drop a gear and speed past, only to be flashed....

My own fault and responsibility, I should not have been speeding, I was in the wrong...and accept the consequences.

But the camera, behind a reported abandoned car sitting on Marmion (heading North, just after Ocean Reef Road) where no street lights are working, pitch black, didn't even see it, cheeky bastard!

Will await fine and demerits, what a way to end the weekend :/
Quote:
Not driving to the wet conditions, should have taken my own advice! :/ took the corner too fast, as I was late for work...and yeah, back end started to slide, I overcompensated, a little too much, then hydro-planed into the sand/bush, busted back right rim, punctured the front tire and messed up my bumper quite badly, so as you may be able to tell, I was shattered, the car is booked in for repair, the cost is yet to be sorted, but I am sure it will not be a nice figure :/

Cheers for the concern magic1, I am fine, however, without a car for a while, which sucks when you have become so used to the independence gained, as well as lost so easily. Ironically, i was planning on attending the Noob Skid Pan session nxt month, so yeah :/ go figure.

It was my own fault, and a costly lesson in life, but I am happy to be uninjured

Cheers Brett
Quote:
Join the club, It won't change anytime soon, we all just kinda pretend that we don't notice the fact that a majority of people in Perth can't drive for shit, I almost got cleaned up 3 times today...

Asian lady in her massive CX-9 thinks its wise to pull out in front of me because she didn't think to look the other way, when she can barely see over the bloody steering column!

2 more people pulling out on me with f**k all stopping distance between me and them in the WET!!!!

Best advice my dad gave me, drive like everyone else on the road is a suicidal a moron...