View Single Post
Old 13-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by apg39 View Post
Ah the lols. Doubt you'll get $20k just because you have a nice car, you'd need some actual proof their money is going to be worth the investment & not paying for someones wish to go across the country to drive in a race. Since you dont compete in any real racing thats how it would look to alot of people. What good is a WA small company sponsorship when no one from WA will see it?

Not trying to shit on your dreams but I think you've got a long way before WTA, try doing some Targa races/twilight series etc for a couple of years first.
Lol griffo you need to appreciate all the angles and not just focus on one or two...

i think it would be easier to get alot of smaller donations rather than just one big lump sum. i.e x20 companies all putting in 1k. Even in this GFC 1k for advertising is relatively cheap...

And who says i have to limit it to WA based companies.

Secondly money dosent have to come in the form of cash but can be from products..

And in terms of going to WTA.. there are different classes of which alot of people with stock standard cars enter into. My car fits the clubsprint category which alot of these novice drivers enter.. So although i may not finish in the top 10 i wont look like a complete fool driving..

P.S i never said that this is going to happen, its just a thought, and as people say there is no harm in trying..

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
LOL you are such a slut tino
And you always want a piece...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Yeah, but you need to get something back from the person/place being sponsored to claim it. i.e. I've had tax invoices, receipts, letters of recognition/thanks etc for past sponsorships.

Thing is, ATO doesn't let a company just hand out tax free money to people. So Tino getting sponsorship money might be seen as extra income and he pays tax on it. Mainly why he needs to look into it more. $20k quickly becomes $10k when Mr Taxman wants his cut.

Just something for Tino to consider and check with his accountants prior.

I think that this would be classified as a hobby John especially being a one off payment and not continual income source. But would obviously need to check up on this if it did eventuate....