View Single Post
Old 17-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Scoobie Noobie

coon84 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY99GT View Post
Having always used Nvidia cards in the past.. last year i finally bought an ATI, what a fcuking crock of utter shite. Didn't work from day 1, was replaced and then I had to RMA the replacement. Vertical lines, shit driver updates and more. In the end they sent me a brand new replacement which has never been installed (which i ended up giving to Jason cos the sight of it pissed me off) - i just couldn;t be fucked with the constant driver roll-backs and re-installs. Will never, ever, ever buy ATI again. My current Lappy (Asus G73JH) has an ATI card, but i am not able to update the drivers because when i do it causes the same vertical lines and shit that my previous desktop ATI card did.

When i spoke to someone about it, they basically said that the whole range of cards was pretty much broken, and it was a lottery whether the card would work without shitting itself.

Suffice to say, i'm back to Nvidia GTX285 at the moment.. my new build will have SLi 560 TI's or -580's.

I made the move to try ATI about one year ago, was great ! However, lately Nvidia has improved its cards and I just purchased a 560GTX OC to 925mhz. Man the games r crazy on hi-res. Do recommend nvidia, however, if budget is low i'll go with ATI any day. You just gotta know where to find the best drivers. Factory drivers are shite !