Thread: Lasik
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

I had astigmatism in both eyes, mild in one and worse in the other, can't remember the values but the worse eye was close to the limit from memory (for the time 7 years ago) had both done at the same time.

A work colleague had it done about 5 years earlier (in Sydney) than that and he had one done at a time, but no major complications (about -3 for short shortsightedness, I was -6.5 and -7.0 with 1.75?? astigmatism from memory).

I had Lasik done and was snow skiing in Queenstown 2 weeks later. Other things I remember were the buzz sound of the cornea being cut, a but of a smell as the lazer was working, (maybe that was psychological) the pressing of the eye during set up. Being able to see clearly, blurred, clearly as the eye was washed and checked.

After the surgery next few days I had alot of sleep (crusty bits) stick in my eye lashes, no real problem with that.

Having the dry eyes, and ripping of the cornea was very painful, and when this happened to took a few days to settle down again, the sound of PRK makes my eyes water.

The halo effect was very evident for the first year, but I have always had this, and this has improved markedly over the last few years.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/