Thread: Lasik
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Kato

It was one after the other in the same "sitting", lying down, no real checks that I could see until the next day. It was do one, change to the next eye, and off we go again with the new settings for that eye.

To be honest, I'm glad it was not separated by even an hour. It was a bit unnerving with the eye being "clawed open" clock work orange style, and the weight of the machine and the clamping of your head in place. (done for really good and obvious reasons)

It wasn't painful, just a bit freeky. My wife who watched it in the observing room said that the eye looked like jelly when it was opened up.

I had it done when I was about 34, and I'm now 41, and in the last month I've noticed one eye is not as clear as it has been over the past years, but still fine in good light, and still able to read comfortably with it.

As I was short sighted, I am still likely to suffer with long sightedness as most of the population does as the age, but from very short sighted, unable to get off the counter lenses, they were always special order and took at least a week to make.

The best thing was no longer requiring corrective lenses to drive, and getting out of the habit of reaching for your glasses in the morning when you wake up it was worth doing for me.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/