View Single Post
Old 22-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Looked at getting it until I read this review by a torrent user who d/l'd it!! -

"I‘ve just finished watching this film and I am now going to put FnF5 on to purge my system of this Disney channel style film.

The plot takes hints of FnF - Toyko Drift , Kid gets caught racing by the cop‘s , mum‘s had enough and sends him off to live with his father , who he just happens to have not have seen for the last five years. The father is in this case an ex racer who blew it all and now sees his younger self in his son.

You then have your stereotype American high school with the cliché "bad guy" and his loyal goons. As per usual there is a girl who was with the bad guy and ends up with our hero ( Who is no Brian Walker no matter how hard they try ). A few twists and turns , an accident caused by sabotage and some self discovery mixed in with bonding with the father.

I‘m going to stop there with the story and get into what these films should be about , and that‘s the cars and the racing. Now the race scenes are OK , but they lack the style and edge we have come to love with the FnF films. The hero‘s car , a very lovely 2004 Subaru Impreza "Hawk eye" is pretty cool and praise the lord the have the correct engine sound for it! The bad guy has a black 2011 Mustang , I mean common is this what they think as new and original?? It‘s the whole import v American V8 card being thrown down and played again "yawn".

To sum this film up , it lacks the depth and edge that FnF has been giving us for nearly 10 years , the actors are really B Movie standard , the script has come from a template from night school , so to sum it up , it‘s Diet Fast n Furious because all the good bits have been taken out and what we end up having is a disappointment and it tastes funny."

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me