View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxpc at standard level
Default Strange car in my street - casing the place?

Hi there,

I had a bit of disturbing incident last night. I was out the front and I'd just finished making sure my bunky would start (battery issues). I had a torch in my hand and I was standing on my verge right next to the road when I head a Subaru rumble coming slowly up the street. It came slowly up the street and indicated and puled halfway into my driveway. I was standig not 5 metres from the car (still with lit torch in hand) when the driver stopped half way in and backed out again, and then contined slowly up the street. It's only a very short cul-de-sac so when he got to the top he turned around and cruised slowly back again.

When he got to the bottom of the street he stopped at the T junction for a full minute, then did a three point turn and came slowly back up the street, did a u-turn at the top and came back down again before driving off.

As I said I was standing there in ful view, torch in hand the whole time, but he just drove past and ignored me, even when I took a step off the verge to see if he would stop. There was no way he could have missed seeing me at any point of this.

It was all a bit weird, but I got the rego and phoned the police just in case.
The car was an early model (square) white Liberty/Legacy sedan, auto too. It had fairly dark tint and a non-standard exhaust, hence the rumble I initially heard.

Anyone else seen this car around, or had something weird like this happen? I live NOR near Ocean Reef, I'd not seen the car before and thought it was very strange behavior.

Cheers,

Wrxpc