View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Scoobie Noobie

MarcPec at standard level
Default High mount GT30 & the pits !

Hey guys, havnt bothered going to make an intro thread as I havn't yet purchased the unlicenced WRX i've been looking at until I get a compression check blah blah blah done to it.

After trolling here for a couple days and searching as much as possible trying to determine how much of a hassle it will be to get it registered i've still a couple questions.

Main one being - when the pit inspector pops the hood and finds a top mount GT30 staring at him in the face will I be in the crapper?

Battery in boot seemed to be mounted really well (I couldn't move it what-so-ever) with a dry battery in a nice black battery box. External wastegate will be plumbed back to the exhaust - will try and source a silencer for the dak dak exhaust.

It also has an aftermarket bodykit and has some slight scrape marks where the door in the past has shaved off a bit of paint on the side skirts (no longer touches) - will the doors need to be shaved and repainted prior to taking her over?

A couple of my previous cars have passed the pits with a pod filter THOUGH they have been somewhat hidden beneith bumpers etc.. this one since running on an autronic base tune has no AFM/MAF between the turbo and pod filter. Will I have to 'dummy' fit a AFM/MAF? Get a bracket made up for the pod or even further have to enclose it?

Sorry about the wall of text just want a vague idea of what im going to be up against to get this sexy beast on the road!

Thanks guys,
Marc.

Last edited by MarcPec; 12-10-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: fixxing thy typos