View Single Post
Old 17-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
And this isn't a social networking site, it's a car forum.
I dunno, it's a very localised forum (ie. Perth based) so inevitably it was always going to geared towards some kind of social interaction. Why bother signing up to a forum if there's no chance of meeting like-minded people? Might as well turn the forum into a wiki...

I understand where teejay is coming from. I myself feel the same way about another forum that I used to frequent for over ten years and contributed to in many facets. Funnily enough, my posting demeanour was much the same as teejay's is on here and over time I just grew tired of the dimwits, the two-faced and the hypocritical.

Having said that, I have found this forum to be much less full of dickheads than most other forums I've posted on or lurked about. The true n00bs and idiots don't tend to stick around on here. I don't think the lack of posts from the oldskool users necessarily reflects a problem with the forum, more-so they're just "over it" in a sense (only an assumption as I don't personally know any of them).

In regards to the way TJ posts, sure he can be a caustic cunt but at least it's laced with a fair amount of humour. Sometimes it takes the insight of an abrasive personality to make us think twice and challenge our own beliefs.

I personally would miss TJ if he fucked off completely and I don't think I could stomach reading antilag to read any of his lol-posts.

edit: everyone's definition of drivel is going to differ greatly, but many newer members and those not so knowledgeable would basically post nothing and contribute nothing even if it is just Non-WRX Discussion. As mentioned above, might as well just turn this place into a FAQ/Wiki with little interaction.