View Single Post
Old 19-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Gonadman2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac
Nice write-up!

Whats your expectations from the brakes? Day-to-day driving or occasional Motorkahna/Circuit or semiregular spirited trackwork?

What pads and fluid are you going to run with the rotor?
Well for me the biggest thing is protection from Kamikaze skippys! I do a lot of night driving during winter up here, and having extra stopping power to prevent a mangled front end is a priority.

I have done a few trackday's now and realise the importance of a good braking setup. While I'm sure these are not as good as a 328mm Brembo setup they are a good compromise for the price. A bigger rotor will always result in better heat retention, whether it is thicker, or larger diameter. The larger diameter rotor does result in extra stopping power on the street, so there is no reason why this should flow onto the track.

At the moment I am using the EBC pads that I had before, just the bed the rotors in. I have some RB74's coming solely for street work. The EBC's have large chunks of pad material missing, and I am surprised at the performace of them. A quick squirt up to 200km/h sees them washing speed off very rapidly. One problem that I have noticed is the rear end does squirm a lot more than it did previously, I'm not too sure what I can do to correct that however.

Overall I am impressed with their performance, and I'm sure it will get better with the new pads. I use Castrol Response Super Dot4 fluid - its cheap and does just as good job as the more expensive stuff!