View Single Post
Old 19-07-2006, 06:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

adamh at standard level

I had this done at Lasic. Had blury vision (ie worse than before the surgery) for 6 months (I shouldnt have been driving) and then had to go back for it to be corrected. After the correction its been perfect since but the initial treatment was torturous. I have a phobia of things touching my eyes. Could never put contacts in. And they don't call the equipment by properly descriptive names like "eyelid hooks" or "eyeball suction clamps". Drips into my eyes constantly for an hour and a half... and I had the most bloodshot eyes they had ever seen after a treatment because I was involuntarily fighting the eyeball suction things. All this with 2 valium in me.

$2300 per eye. I had them both done at the same time. Not sure if I would do this again knowing all that. I only got the second correction done because it would have been a waste of money otherwise.

They said there had only ever been one case of someone going blind from the treatment and it was from infection after the fact. Had to use drops every hour for some weeks after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [W ARGHH X]
PM : adamh
Hes had this done, i know his eyes were bloodshot for a few days!! haha
"weeks" afterwards

My advice is, if you have no eye phobia, (can put contacts in etc) and dont mind having horrible vision for 6 months if they dont do it right the first time... then get it done.

My vision was perfect (beter than 20/20) the day after the second correction.

Last edited by adamh; 20-07-2006 at 07:56 AM.