Thread: Howdy
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level
Default Update

Update on what I have been up to in the last month or so.

Firstly I got a 'windscreen' antenna put on so I can finally rid the car of the original antenna Such a simple mod and quite cheap too but I reckon it actually changes the look of the car quite a bit without losing any reception so am happy

As I mentioned ealier I also managed to pick up some 02 rims from slugwrx. After giving these a good scrub I sent them off to Perth Powder Coaters who did an awesome job!! The colour is 'Black Onyx' and the photos don't really do it justice, for the full effect just add sunlight and the rims give off a nice subtle blue/silver sparkle Am super happy as they have turned out exactly as I was hoping for originally, completely transformed the look of the car as well so smiles all round
Although now that they are on the car it has slightly changed my original thoughts of colour-coding the side-skirts white. Now I'm thinking I might get the STI front lip in matte black as well to finish off the skirting all round in black. Thoughts??

Finally I took advantage of the long-weekend a while back to get onto a bunnings-spec CAI, with a big thanks to Fobz for his DIY guide on how to remove the snorkus, made the job so easy and enjoyable! I also thought i would show some skin in one of the photos just to appease the P-wrx perves lol

So the next plans are as follows:
  • Invert the colours on the calipers - Ie black writing on white backing. I reckon this will be a really nice contrast against the rims/skirts and will continue my black/white theme. Plan is to get this done as soon as the weather permits
  • Paint/purchase white lug nuts for the wheels. Got the idea after seeing chum and his red ones on the CM cruise...and yes I do have a mega-crush on the red-wrx haha
  • Get an STI front lip - atm I am most probably going to get the 1-piece ultrex type so if anyone has any experience with them (fitment, quality etc) please let me know as I'll be looking at ordering one this weekend.
  • Some more whiteline goodies - most probably f+r swaybars
And that will do nicely for this year. Won't hurt the wallet too badly and will pretty much finish the car off I think As I complete the aforementioned I will continue to update this thread with photos etc so please feel free to comment with ideas/opinions as it's great to know what y'all think of my little beast

p.s- also would like to thank John at wheels world for the tyres, such a nice guy who was great to chat with
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toms iphone pics 024.jpg (90.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg cai 1.jpg (92.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg cai2.jpg (99.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg toms iphone pics 021.jpg (100.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg rims before.jpg (97.0 KB, 16 views)