View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 03:14 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Ashby at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA View Post
No need to sound like a smart arse mate ive had my licence for long than you could walk.

I've never ran a red light or lost my licence for what it's worth.

I just think its a bit crap that you can say good by to your licence for one offense. "a red light is three points" yet you can speed and get away with it.
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, not everybody looses their license or has it cancelled for X amount of time, only the P platers do. Running a red light can get some body killed. A person was killed 5 years ago at an intersection near me because someone ran a red light a smashed straight into the driver's door coming from the green light side.

Put it in perspective, running a red light could potentially injure someone or end up killing someone, I think people need to not take their license for granted. Those on their P plates should earn their full license, and if they are goind to run red lights they deserve to have their license cancelled.

That's my opinion anyways, I have 0 sypathy towards people who run red lights. It's fucking dangerous and inconsiderate to the other people on the road, just for the sake of saving a few minutes of time.