View Single Post
Old 14-11-2011, 04:42 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

XT_for_me at standard level

ExRex is a member over at OzFoz, and this is a direct quote from his Gallery thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExRex
After a couple of days of city driving, I finally got out for a decent drive in the hills to test out the new KiDo coilovers and Whiteline Roll Centre Adjust and I'm blown away at how well the Foz handles now

Here's my quick take on the new setup and performance, mostly for my own record:
- Front is now 85mm lower, rear is 60mm lower
- For everyday driving I'm running the fronts 10 clicks from soft, rears 20 clicks (40 clicks available)
- Tried 30 clicks rear, 20 clicks front in the hills and it's another whole step up again in response and feel, but too rigid for my everyday
- They are so much quieter than stock when it comes to small bumps, manholes, surface changes and road noise in general
- The ride in the city is very comfortable, but definitely stiffer when weighted or over larger bumps, humps, etc.
- Body roll is all but gone now
- Power and braking response 'feels' much quicker as it is no longer dulled by the stock suspension
- Far less oversteer when backing off power in turns which used to be quite severe
- Great turn in and predictability, consistent steering through corners when on and off the throttle
- One small tyre rub on front right on extreme hard corner with lots grip and camber (not a concern at all)
- Absolutely no creaks or groans from the suspension so far
[EDIT] Forgot to mention, the KiDo setup is 18.2kg total, which is 15.6kg lighter than the stock suspension at 33.8kg total!

Thanks to Bryce (XT_for_me) at KiDo Racing for supplying the suspension - I'm well stoked with the results!

A quick video 'testing' on a favourite stretch of road... :thumbs:

A few pics of the setup...

KIDO REAR & FRONT

FRONT ADJUSTMENT

REAR ADJUSTMENT
Easy to access both sides under rear floor

WHITELINE ROLL CENTRE ADJUST COMPONENTS

RIDE HEIGHT & 18x8.5+44 RIM OFFSET

Because STOPPING is never optional.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-racing/

www.kido-racing.com.au