View Single Post
Old 24-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
People who bitch and whine about minor changes to work, constantly quote "it's not in my contract" or "it's not my job" , then, later on, have the nerve to complain when they have made no progress up the chain. (not directing at anyone in particular, although above comments did make me think about this)
Totally agree with this.
Seen a lot of my friends recently complaining about the smallest of things like starting 30 minutes earlier or 30 minutes later.

When I tell them that I work a minimum of 8 hours each day at work, spend 2 hours travelling to and from work and then most nights do an extra couple of hours of reading or planning from home on my own time they tend to shut up.
Often take work home on the weekends (as much as it pisses off the misses) to make sure that the majority of my work is completed and issued prior to agreed/due dates.

My contract states no overtime pay is allowable, yet I don't piss up the wall complaining that I'm being robbed blind.
Sometimes you just need to get the job done otherwise if you don't like it, dust up the CV and start shopping around.

P.S, I'm not taking a stab at you RamWRC, just venting