View Single Post
Old 28-11-2011, 02:00 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Blash at standard level
Default Gear box problems continue - Any help appreciated

Ok Guys,

So the wrex went into the local garage this morning for a gearbox change to see if this combatted the gear problems that I have been having. The gears are hard to select but dont grind when going into gear - apart from reverse ever so slightly but only occasionally.

It would appear that the gearbox oil change hasnt worked. the garage think that its the clutch pressure plate, the clutch seems fine it doesnt slip when put in a high gear and you plant your foot. having just bought the car on wednesday last week I'm shocked it would need something so big so soon, does anyone know your rights when purchasing privately? do you think I could approach the seller for a contrebution to the repairs?

Also has anyone recently replaced their Pressure plate? is this a costly affair? if so how much can I expect the repair costs to be, I know they will need to do the oil again but wondered how longer job it would be and if anyone could recommend anywhere to get the parts cheap as I arent a millionare :-)

Anyone got a ramp I could rent so that I could do it myself? thats another option? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also on the look out once the gearbox issue is sorted I need a BOV fitting kit for a HKS SSQV.

Thanks for reading guys n gals