View Single Post
Old 28-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level
Default Power FC Idle Learning Procedure

Ok first of all, I have a MY98 WRX with mild mods. I'm planning on resetting my power fc so it can go through the idle learn procedure again. I don't think it was done correctly the first time at All Star as my aircon wasn't working at the time. Now that I've fixed the AC, it f*cks my idle, so through searching I've discovered this is a good start.

Just a couple questions before I do it that I couldn't find any info on. Since it will be resetting all the maps, is it safe to do it with bigger aftermarket injectors fitted? And secondly, with the narrowband o2 sensor disabled.

I'm not sure if those are dumb questions or not, I know nothing about ECU's tuning and so on. I'm asking on another's behalf, just so he can clarify before doing it.

Also to confirm the procedure, after resetting the ECU, I need to let it idle for 10 minutes, turn the AC on and let it idle for another 10 minutes, and then turn the demister on and leave that for 10 minutes. Quick question about that, it doesn't say whether or not to leave the AC on or to turn it off when turning the demister on?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Sam