View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 11:41 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pablo668 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shez View Post
I see what you are saying.

What I am saying is, if you are half dressed, hammered, staggering down a dark alley alone, well you are getting yourself into a situation that isn't safe. If you are dressed in a track suit, taking a jog alone, in a secluded area, then yes, you are getting yourself into a situation that isn't safe. It isn't how the chick is dressed, it is the fact that they are putting themselves into a situation that isn't safe. It is a sad reality.

I am not saying the woman is to blame. It is totally the perpetrator that is to blame.

But if a woman wants to reduce the risk of an attack happening, then they need to take some responsibility for their personal safety and avoid situations that could lead to an assault.

Once again I find myself in complete agreement.

It's not the slutty dressing that is the problem, and yes of course rapes and other sexual assaults are the fault of those who perpetrate them.

It's the complete lack of awareness of/ or responsibility taken for their own safety that bugs the shit out of me.

It's the 'I should be able to blah blah blah' argument that so many women have in their head that I think results in so many women getting themselves into shitty situations.
Unfortunately very few people want to bring up the subject as it's not 'PC' I guess.
Sure, dress how you;like, but take steps and take responsibility for your own safety for christ sake.

(I live in Claremont, you know, where the serial killer plied his trade. I still see many women staggering around drunk and alone late at night trying to get home. Yay feminism.)