View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 12:00 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ewrxion87 at standard level

i also got whiteline sway bars put on first before my straut brace... i noticed a large increase in handling. you wont be disappointed either way. strutbrace keeps your allignment tru so your struts have minimal flex on cornering.

with the knowledge i have about swaybars without actually giving you research, is that when taking a corner the flex in the bar or leverage one might call it keeps the other tyre firmly on the ground, also decreasing body roll... they work off your control arms. stiffer the swaybar, less roll and more pressure on the opposite tyre.

sort of counteracts one side to the other in terms of grip. when one control arm goes up from roll into the corner the other control arm is pushed down keeping suspension and tyres tru to the ground.

not heaps detailed but from what ive learnt, thats probably enough info to get you by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tris7an View Post
Awesome thanks guys : D

Could some one explain how sway bars work I'd like to understand exactly what they do lol

Cheers

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays