View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Tuning and dyno numbers aside, the ViPec is a good unit. Better than a reflash at a standard WRX level? Questionable & everyone has their own opinion. But you do get Antifag, which is full of win. I am sure you could spend the money that you would have spent on a ECU on worse things.

I think if you plan to do major work to your car, the unit leaves re-flashing / open source way behind. I am far from being an expert but I know that with my current build, the standard ECU would not work.

I have been told you can run dual fuel / ignition maps by switch control, trigger electrics such as inter cooler spray at a set boost pressure, going off your MAP sensor. I am sure there are many other uses for these digital / analogue inputs and outputs, if you have time to think about what you can do with them.

People spend a grand + on the 2 most well known Open Source tunes. 1 of those tuning methods is not well liked on here, it begins with an E. Has anyone ever heard anything bad about the ViPec ECU? I say its pretty good value for money for a intermediate mod level, daily driven car.

Each to their own though & as said before, people have a right to their own opinion.

Simon.