Thread: Jon's MY11
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Yes Dave, with regards to the CELs, there were actually 3 things. I was specifically worried about the CEL and had Jon try to get the CEL on when he arrived. He managed to do it but it did not show up on current or historical CEL on my scanner, I had no choice but to reset it.

Also, the car was knocking/pinging badly under WOT. This will be explained below.

1) The CEL which I prompted Jon was apparently a Wastegate Solenoid High CEL. Warick went through the old tune and saw that the max wastegate duty cycle was set in the 40s while the actual duties were set in the 60s(Jon should be able to see this on the old tune otherwise I did save a copy of this). So if the max allowable duty cycle was set in the 40s, I would assume that this will bring up a fault code once exceeded esp on high WOTs.

2)The car was running 11.8-12s AFRs which could have caused a CEL as this was too lean. Open loop at WOT was set back to 11s.

3) There was a also a weird spot (in one cell) on the ignition timing map where the ignition timing was way off. This was interpolated to suit the mapping. (Again I have the old map and once you are free DAve, drop by and we can show ya)

Also , Dave did mention that the graphs were similar: I chose the closest graphs to make a point. I will elaborate on this when I update the Dyno run thread under Evolution R. There was also another chart which hit close to 285hp which I will try to put up.

We don't claim to be the best tuners, but we do try to do a good job. Tuning is always a never ending learning curve and Warick, including myself is always keen. It is the passion we have for the job.

With regards to Jon's MY11 WRX, the ROM definitions themselves are not fully developed as yet especially where the CEL section is. We wished to have more time on it especially during cruising which we did not get to detail. That was one area I was worried as Jon did mention that he had a CEL while cruising at 100km/h sometime ago.

Regardless, I am happy to work on Jon's car if there is any CEL that should show up without further charge, if the CEL does come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
fair call Jon, are you going to do some data logging of car ? are you able to build and hold to target boost ?
Also what were the CEL numbers you were getting? Crossing fingers for you again !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon911 View Post
I might do some data logging this weekend before I give you your cable back and ill show you the result!