View Single Post
Old 17-12-2011, 04:00 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

Neighbours.

I've built on a steep hill which is heavily retained right up to my garage, but the driveway / crossover still needs retaining. The block next door finally sold so I could chat to the soon to be neighbours.

The wife was checking out her land just as I was chating with my old man about the wall in question and she approached us to say Gday and even approached us to say it needed to be retained and she was happy to go ahead. numbers exchanged etc.

I found a bloke doing the landscaping around the estate willing to do a cash job for us for $1000. Cheap as chips compared to the $4-5000 others have suggested. I have seen his work up the road for another neighbour and it is top quality with all the same materials as the rest of my walls. So I rang the neighbour with the details.

Now he wants to see written plans, contracts, council approval engineers certificate etc etc. FFS. It's a cash job mate. stop delaying.

Now he wants to wait until next year, then get council approval and have a design that allows him to dig his garden out as deep as possible. He keeps trying to say they are only helping me out since it's my driveway that needs the support.

I tried to explain that my land is in line with the natural height of the land where as his has been cut, hence being his responsibility (even though I have said straight up I'll pay 50/50) but he seems to be trying to argue I am only looking after myself and I should be paying for it all, but I need his approval for the design.

Hrrg.