View Single Post
Old 18-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Thanks for the input Rossco. Anyone tuner will know that the 11.2 AFR on the log from 3000 to redline at WOT was just too accurate to be achieved through a road tune. And also, there were no changes in the AFR at all from 3000rpm onwards, yet I was accused that the 11.2 was stock ROM, whilall he did was increase the boost to 1.22bar.

I will also post up the boost logs on the Dynapack tmr as Kennedy also told me that 3GWRX said my tune hit 16.3PSi and he only added 1.7PSi to get the 500Nm on his internet dyno.

Anyway how's things? It looks like you have retired from this forum business. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
I for one, appreciate Mao's honesty.
Looks to me like 3gwrx was trying to 'bag' Evo R to his customer in the first instance (i.e 'look at my virtual dyno plot, see the gains I made over that other tune?').

Are virtual dyno's a 'proper' tuning tool? I don't think so, how can you see how the tune behaves WOT in 4th, where the engine sees maximum load over the longest time & has the highest chance of knocking? Simple answer is you can't.

I road tune cars myself, but I err on the side of safety running between high 10 to low 11 afrs at wot & fairly soft timing up top. My tunes may not make the highest possible HP, but I can rest easy knowing they are safe for the long term. Most of the gains I tend to concentrate on are in the midrange RPM's anyway.

I might drop in next week Mao, I'd like you to drive my car & let me know what you think.