View Single Post
Old 19-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98kellrs View Post
From what I saw the top box housed two (pretty large) lenses, presumably for targetting different lanes. Whilst the bottom part contained the IR measurement gear. Definitely operational, it hums and whirrs and thought I saw a few small flashes whilst I was there. Its definitely a heftier piece of kit than a standard roadside setup.
yeah I think they just say it's a normal camera, in reality, it's just a fixed speed camera (another one added to the 30 odd we have already) and it will be active 100% of the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
This is the stupidest thing about these cameras. It doesn't really stop people speeding, as by the time they get the letter, it's just like, "was i speeding, don't even remember that"

Best deterrent is a cop actually pulling you over and telling you you're a naughty boy.
I agree, nothing like police presense!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stona View Post
ta for posting the 'photos' of the 'camera'.. I thought it was up on a yellow stick (poll) like the speed cameras at traffic lights...

Don't travel on the freeway mush.. so would of nabbed me!

Chrissy mail i don't want...

cheers
why did you use ' ' around photo and camera... they are photo's and it is a camera. Don't need to use ' ' around it :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconus View Post
i think i got done on sunday morn =\ was like 7am and completely forgot about it. expecting something in the mail in the next few..
douche!