View Single Post
Old 24-12-2011, 01:37 AM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tris7an View Post
Yeah I want to have the fuel system upgraded then the intercooler and radiator then the turbo I would buy rims but. Can't afford any I like and don't like any I can afford so I'd prefer to give my Wrx upgrades for smoother and faster performance if I am on the wrong track by doing my fuel system can some one suggest what I should do next?

Thanks guys

Much appreciated
Upgrading the fuel system will not do anything at all unless you are doing other upgrades for more power. The stock system if anything will be more reliable and smoother than anything you put in. Even with the bigger intercooler, the fuel system will be great with lots of headroom. Seriously, save your cash on this now and finish something else off.

Radiatorwise, as far as I know the stock one will also be fine right up until you are going for built motor power levels. Don't bother unless there is something wrong with it.

I don't mean to offend, but IMO you are one step away from belonging in the 'embarrasing car thread'. You really need to finish off the appearance of the car before anything else. A set of nice rims + dumpage and as someone else suggested, replacing that shiny grill bits. Once you do this it will stop looking like a riced out lancer and will look like sex on wheels. You can call the appearance side of your build complete then spend some time researching and planning out your next step before you piss all your cash away.

Next step would be up to you, handling or power. Since you need some dumpage anyway handling should be part way done? coilovers or a well matched set of lowered springs and shocks. Add is some sway bars and you can pretty much call handling done as well (for a mostly street car). With that out of the way you will be able to have some serious fun on the track without being laughed at.

Powerwise is pretty simple but costly depending on your route. Processwest intercoolers are great as are the STi ones if you can find one. If you are sticking with a top mount I'd opt for a TD05 turbo or GTPS02 (same shit different name) You will keep all your response, have some nice grunt and will remain reliable as your daily drive. Add in the usual suspects, silicon intake hose, 3 port boost solenoid, waterspray, fuel pump, tune.

Tune wise unless you are going built, either verso or ECUTEK. PLENTY of information on both here if you search.

There you have an epic beast to play with, looks the goods and will only be laughed at by bogans in their pushrod utes smoking a winnie blue and sinking a can of emu bitter.