View Single Post
Old 28-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Sign me up!
STI Master

phoenix at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Hi again,

Evolution R imports all JDM parts straight out of Japan from our warehouse in Fukuoka Japan. I think the written part is pretty self explainatory and all JDM parts including HKS, Apexi and Blitz all have this written in their product pages.

Although I see no reason how the Cusco strut bar will be illegal or cause an accident; but if in doubt and you are worried about technicalities and legalities, I would advise you to bring it over the pits and have it inspected and get a written approval.

Regards,
Mao
Mao,

When you say "the written part is self explanatory" then technically any part that has this on it, including all those other JDM companies you mention, should not be fitted to cars outside Japan then without a pit inspection? Or would that apply to any after market part, no matter where it is from, that is fitted to a car?

My concern was not that it may cause an accident but if it was found to be a part that should not be fitted to the car it would then give the insurance company a reason to refuse a claim.

Sorry if I am being a pain in the arse but this is interesting because I am sure there are heaps of people, including myself, with parts from these manufacturers and others that havent been over the pits and I am sure most people are probably not that bothered.