Thread: Volkswagen Golf
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOSE View Post
I work at Wangara VW in the Used Car Department mate.

If you want i can put you onto one of the guys in New Cars?
yeah I might pop down later next week on wednesday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
Unlike a Hilux can't handle the Aust heat? Who told you that ridiculous statement?

If you start ticking an options with a VW, prepare to grab your ankles and don't expect any lube. No idea what your budget is, so it's hard to make any alternative suggestions. Obvious one though (given this forum) would be Impreza R hatchback?
this was ages ago when I was looking at buying a cheap 4wd and reading few forums and what not

budget is around 25k +-2k there bouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
Who told you a golf can't handle the heat either?

Golf's are a brilliant car. Get DSG.

Servicing is around $400 from VW on my GT Sport TSI. The 60,000km is a clutch (DSG) inspection service so can get VERY scary (read $6000) but is VERY VERY Rare to ever need clutches in the life of the vehicle, unless launch control has been used non stop.

Check warranty history of the vehicle if you can, the Golf V had issues with a vacuum line valve fucking up and needing replacing. It is literally a piece of wire under the engine cover that needs replacing but is a cunt if it fucks up like it has twice on mine.
some bitch on facebook... said that
apparently she works in a vw dealership and heaps of them came back with engine problems and what not

This car isn't going to be track or modded just a daily run aobut car for the mrs to and from work and occasional hwy trip up to ellenbrook

going to be a brand new car so it should be ok...