View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
STI Master

TheDoctor at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews View Post
I use to use the Nike+. Works good until you go too long and the phone over heats and plays up. Had many runs that i lost all the running details because the phone stuffed up.
I have just bought a Garmin 310. Good for multi sports as I am training for the busso 70.3 triathlon. It tracks both my bike rides and my runs. since I have this I don't take my phone every time and enjoy the peace and quiet on my runs with out the music all the time.
Interesting. I'm already a bit annoyed with it. I just bought the sensor 'cos I don't have the money for new trainers at the moment. Got it yesterday and went for a run this morning. Run didn't last long. I had wedged the sensor under my shoe laces but it kept falling out. So I got a stanley knife and modified my own trainers to make the sensor fit.

Went for a run and it all worked smoothly. Until I got home and the App wouldn't upload my run to the website. So I did a bit of googling out found out this was a problem common to the original App that comes packaged with iPhones and that I had to download the new one. Which means my first run won't get counted and I'll have to start from scratch tomorrow.

A minor inconvenience I know but still annoying when you are excited to start using a new product.