View Single Post
Old 15-01-2012, 09:05 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ewrxion87 at standard level

Richx,

completely agree mate, but apparently it takes up to 5 hrs to move manifold etc etc...

$400 part plus 5 hrs labour..... id love to be able to do it on my own.. but thats a big job on a reasonably new car to stuff up.

completely disheartened... not getting headers/ uppipe, pulley or inlet hose now... over it.... gonna cost me a 1400 in labour on top of the parts cost... rediculous imo

saving up for cosworth front mount and a td05 18g /20g twinscroll around June... and fuel pump and injectors i spose too

if you have recommendations for an 08 model feel free to add your opinion / advice.

Trolley - cheers mate that clears a few things up...my stock inlet hose isnt coping with boost.... my car is getting tired very quickly - needs retuning (i rekon its a airflow issue and fuel mixture as i can smell petrol burning). can just about guarentee the horsepower i was getting i aint anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
The stock intake pipe is a piece of shit. I would not hesitate ripping it out and breaking it to get a new silicone unit it, seriously.

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays