View Single Post
Old 18-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MY99GT at standard level
Default Goin' Fishin... Help!

Hey folks,

Well, i moved to Aus back in 2008. Prior to that I lived in the UK... From the age of 5 to 25 i was an avid angler, helped by the fact my parents owned a tackle business and my dad was the chairman of the local angling club. I loved nothing more than spending my weekend's at the local river/lake fishing for all kinds of fish..

Now i live in Aus, and have settled down i'm starting to get the urge to go fishing again. A few of my mates from work are also keen to give it a crack, and have a basic grasp of whats happening. I guess what i'm wondering is, can you guys give me a rough idea of what I need as started gear? I currently have an 8ft beach/boat rod, a tackle box, a set of pliers and some other little bits and bobs. I don't want to go crazy, i just want enough gear to head down to the jetty/beach/rocks and sling a line in...

I've never really jigged/spun (apart from the odd Pike fishing expedition in the UK), and my knowledge of lures/plastics is pretty limited. But this is the style of fishing i would like to concentrate on if i can. What lures do you use? what setup do you use (3 way swivels/booms/patternoster etc) any info would be greatly received.

I'm not flush, in fact i'm trying to achieve this on a pretty tiny budget, but i'd like to have the basics before i head out for the 1st time.. and i know there are some pretty keen anglers here.

Anyway... /CSB. I'd love some input
We will remember them.

Lest we forget .