View Single Post
Old 18-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy_b View Post
Plus the $120 odd a week redundancy contribution that is paid out when they leave / are sacked or the job is over. Long service contributions and minimum super you have to pay. Add to that they have a standard 5% pay rise each year. That job is a bloody cash cow to anyone working there. The 23yo labourer I have working there is making $100k + / year. Fuck, wish I was making that kind of bank at that age......
I couldnt agree more. We have a totally unqualified 21 or 22 year old and he worked 49 hours one week and earnt something stupid like $2500. The unions completely run the site and wont let us introduce anything to save money and Multiplex just roll over and tell you not to make a fuss.

Also they get boots provided, unlimited PPE for them and their extended families, their tool boxes at home topped up with whatever tools they want to take from work because you cant get rid of anybody unless you physically catch them stealing....then you have to give them 3 warnings and send them to counselling. It makes council workers look like slaves!

Brendon