View Single Post
Old 19-01-2012, 07:03 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shez at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
I have a similar problem at my work... some chick who injured her leg 1 year ago (!!!) but is still milking the compo...
She's at my store but I don't pay her... she is on 'office only' duties - which we don't really want to give her as we like to be organised and get things done properly - and she only has to work 4 hrs twice a week. In the last 6 weeks she has less than a 50% attendance. When she is at 'work', she is fine to walk around, make herself food etc, but when asked to help out by doing something simple, she says 'oh i can't, my leg... '

Needless to say I have said the right things to the right people and presto, she has suddenly started being useful.
You do know you can fire people on compo?

You just have to tell your insurers that you require someone in the position for X amount of hours a day, if that person can't do it, you can let them go. The insurers still have to pay them, but it is their problem, not your company's. It will also motivate your insurers to settle the claim.

Sure, they get money for nothing, but by the same token, they will find it hard to find work elsewhere, especially with an unsettled Workers Comp claim, so they will get theirs in the long run if they are not genuine.