View Single Post
Old 30-01-2012, 06:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ewrxion87 at standard level

thanks heaps for your opinion.

when would the 18g housing generally kick in boost ?

most of the stuff on importimage comes as combos as well...so if you think injectors would be of use then the kit will be more of advantage to me....turbo, injectors and FP, $1490 plus what import tax and shipping... etc etc... i can put fuel pump and turbo in myself but il need racetorque to do injectors... see what happens if i need them or not.

il wait for american dave to fit his bbk-m and see what happens. i want to just get it done but better off waiting a few weeks.

PW TMIC went in today.... fit like a glove... tight like one too took me 2 hours 'slow i know' but looks mickey mouse. the throttle responce out of the box was very impressive. Im getting alot more louder 'flutter as well' sounds nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Don't waste your time with a VF52 sidegrade...

And what's with all the 18g suggestions? It's a 2.5? it will spool a 20g rear housing fine!?

I'd be, and I did go with a TD06 20G on my EJ255... It didn't make huge numbers(~277hp) as the only supporting mods were 3" exhaust and intake. With your supporting mods plus a walbro pump and injectors(I would just decap, but RT won't do that) I would think it would be pretty close to, if not over 300hp, and should be fairly reliable.
Otherwise the TD05 20G will be a touch more responsive, but without quite as much top end. Full boost should be 4000-4500rpm I'd imagine, and it will still make plenty of power from 3000rpm+

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays