View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
3 - Most of the online companies I have seen use a contribution method as one of the examples on how to best maximise the lease.
Ok but you'll be hard pressed to see this contribution come from someone whom doesn't have a vested interest.

Look at the logic of it. Would you 'as an employee', pay for the privilege of a company car 'which you need for your job?', where you prime objective isn't to reduce the overall liability of the entity so you can either re-invest in capital/increase cashflow, or reap the benefits of the cash in the form of dividends, etc?

Quote:
I have never had a lease, so I'm interested to see how they work. Every time I have investigated, they cost a lot more than buying with personal cash or having the business buy them.
Makes perfect sense, but we have no clear indication where the funding is coming from.

Quote:
Would be good to revisit this in a year and see what the actual costs have ended up being for future reference...
Agree, but the lease amortisation schedule would give this information straight away.

Would be interesting to know who the lender is 'external/internal funding', as this would answer a lot of questions.

Last edited by mARC; 12-02-2012 at 02:25 PM.