View Single Post
Old 24-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
Have you got any in car footage of the event ( not necessarily the off )
I do but I have no idea how to edit and post it. Also for some reason the audio did not work so it is a bit boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES View Post
Your thoughts on the car (before crash)?

PS - You doing SES Collie w/end?
The car was great. It was obviously brand new and we could feel it breaking in and the diffs loosening up etc. It doesn't feel that fast because it has so much torque. I found you coud leave it in 5th and just drive it from there. There are a few teething issues to sort out like the wheel is too far away, the seat is too low, the wing mirrors / cage create epic blind spots when you are trying to put it close to kerbs etc.

We were up to 7th outright and the fastest of the non supercars which was never the plan. I think we beat Jim Richards on a few stages on stages that were uber fast and we didnt think would suit us. We honestly thought we were taking it easy. We had no idea what tyre pressures to run, where the suspension was at, what camber we should be running. What it did at the limit. It was the first time with the new nav, which diff setting was best. If you look at the incar there was no sawing at the wheel. It honestly looked like we were out for a sunday drive.

As for Collie I am coming down and Stewie, I and possibly Danny C are hiring out Collie on the Monday to do some testing.

I would love to do the final round of the twilight sprint but it has to be on the truck to Melbourne the next day and I really dont want any surprises.

Are you going down to Collie?

Brendon